Alimentaria, a unique experience
The biennial fair Alimentaria Barcelona is a leading fair in the Food sector and since its first edition in 1976, has shown a steady growth in both the number of visitors and exhibitors and its quality increased in parallel to that of the Spanish food industry .
It is a first class fair with the best food and beverage producers in the world that meet in a beautiful city, Barcelona from April 16th to 19th. You can not miss it if you are part of this sector!
It counts with the fidelity, edition after edition, of professionals and exhibitors from the five continents, which reflects the scope of the event as a strategic platform for information and promotion of the international food sector.
Four days of fair, where time is tight, when you visit a fair there are many commitments, stands to visit, and sometimes wanting to do so many things, we still have to do. For this reason, the organization is very important, and for this the information is of vital importance.
Throughout the four days of the fair will go through Alimentaria chefs with 45 Michelin stars. Among them: Carme Ruscalleda, Angel Leon, Elena Arzak, Dani Garcia, Andoni Luis Aduriz, Paco Pérez, Fina Puigdevall and Mario Sandoval. There will also be events focused on the canning, dairy, aperitifs, premium products, cocktails and “gourmet” olive oils.
The Spanish Federation of Food and Beverage Industries (FIAB) will hold in the context of the Show the “Food & Drink Business Meetings”, business meetings aimed at encouraging exports, especially among SMEs.
For this edition we expect 150,000 visitors (30% international), more than 100,000 square meters, around 15,000 business meetings and 4,500 companies present. The economic impact in the city is estimated at around 200 million euros.
The fair consists of the following areas:
- Congelexpo: frozen products
- Expobebidas: soft drinks, bottled water, ciders, beers and must
- Expoconser: canned fish and vegetables
- Intercarn: meat products and derivatives
- Interlact: dairy products and derivatives
- Inter-fisheries: seafood, aquaculture and fish farming
- Intervin: wines and spirits
- Multiproduct: food products in general
- Mundidulce: candy store, cookies and confectionery
- Restaurama: feeding outside the home
- Vegefruit: fruits, vegetables and fresh vegetables
- Olivaria: olive oil
- Ecological food
How to get?
Visit the blog entry Fira Gran Vía.